Vegan Konnyaku Mee Hailam.
You can cook Vegan Konnyaku Mee Hailam using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegan Konnyaku Mee Hailam
- Prepare 2 of packs Konnyaku noodles (Shirataki).
- It’s 1 of block fried firm tofu, sliced into pieces.
- It’s 100 g of kailan, roughly chopped.
- Prepare 50 g of carrot, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1/2 of small red bell pepper, thinly sliced.
- It’s 50 g of purple cabbage, thinly sliced.
- It’s 2-3 of shiitake mushrooms soaked overnight in 1/2 cup drinking water.
- You need 1 of medium-sized onion, finely chopped.
- Prepare 5 of clove garlic, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1-2 of cili padi (optional).
- It’s 1 of tablespoon cooking oil.
- You need 4 of tablespoons tomato puree.
- You need 2 of teaspoons blackstrap molasses.
- You need 2 of tablespoons light soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 of teaspoon brown sugar.
Vegan Konnyaku Mee Hailam step by step
- Remove konnyaku noodles from bag and briefly rinse under running water with a sieve. Set aside to drain..
- Place cooking oil in a frypan and allow to warm up on medium heat..
- Remove water from mushrooms. This will be your mushroom stock. Slice mushrooms with scissors and leave aside..
- Mix mushroom stock with tomato puree, blackstrap molasses, soy sauce and sugar. This will be your Hailam sauce. Set aside..
- Place onion and garlic in pan and fry for 3-4 minutes or until they begin to brown around the edges..
- Add in kailan stems and carrot and stir-fry for 1 minute. Follow up with bell pepper, cabbage, tofu and mushroom. Stir-fry for 1 minute. Follow up with kailan leaves. Stir-fry for 1 more minute..
- Put in konnyaku noodles and optional cili padi. Pour Hailam sauce evenly over the noodles. Stir noodles around sauce and ingredients for 1-2 minutes..
- Remove pan from heat and serve immediately..